This post may contain affiliate links.
Mopping may not be the most fun job in the world but nothing can make as big of a difference in your home as a nice clean floor. A shining floor expresses the message that your house is clean. If you want a cleaner home or just want to get done with mopping quicker, read these 5 quick mopping tips.
1. Flip your mop over often to expose a clean side. If you use only one side you will have to rinse it more, wasting time.
2. Before you mop your floor be sure to vacuum or sweep it first. Remove soil when it is dry before it turns into sticky mud.
3. Use the correct amount of floor cleaner. If you try to be cheapo and use too little it will not work as quickly. if you use too much you will leave a residue on the floor making it get dirty quicker.
4. Make at least two passes over each area. On your first pass you will wet the floor with cleaner. Give the cleaner time to work and then remove the soil on your second pass.
5. Rinse your mop often to keep from spreading dirt around. If your floor is very soiled you may need to dump your mop water one or two times.
These 5 little things should help you greatly improve the cleanliness of your floor and will help you get the job done quicker so that you can enjoy your home.
Reprinted with permission.
Reader comment: I use a sponge mop, I read this tip somewhere, and would cite the source if I could remember it (but I can’t)… I have one bucket with water and my cleaning agent in it, and a second bucket with clear water. I mop the dirty floor, and rinse the mop in the water bucket, before putting my mop back in the cleaning water. That way my cleaning water stays cleaner, and I’m not mopping the floor with dirty water. Hoping this might come in handy, even if to just one person!…Frances