A lot of my readers over the years have asked the question, “How do I remove stubborn toilet rings from my toilet?” Below you will find many tips that other readers submitted that worked for them. My favorite is tip #4, I use it all the time!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Tip #1: After I clean my toilet I drop two Alka Seltzer tablets into the water. The effect it leaves on the bowl is great but it depends on how bad the ring is.
Tip #2: I use a Magic Eraser that I keep in both my bathrooms only for that purpose. No scrubbing & it comes right off.
Tip #3: Try a product called Lime Away – magic in a bottle!
Tip #4: Rubbing the ring with pumice stone, even hard water rings, will do the job.
Tip #5: I had deposits so bad that draining the water and sanding and scraping didn’t take it out. The Works toilet bowl cleaner took about 95% of it out. I’ll do a second application one of these days and try for the remaining 5%.
Tip #6: When we moved into our home, our toilet had horrible rings that nothing seemed to get rid of. Then I found Bar Keeper’s Friend & what a great cleaning friend it is!
Also good on bathtub water rings (the ones that don’t come off with other cleaners). You just sprinkle it on, let it sit for a minute & scrub with a toilet/scrub brush. It is a mild abrasive, so you need to be careful what surfaces you use it on…Aaron
Tip #7: For very stubborn toilet stains (rust, etc.) use muriatic acid. Pour a small amount into toilet or sink and let it sit for a few minutes, then swish with a toilet brush (be sure to use protective gloves to protect your hands and be sure bathroom is well ventilated-this is acid!)…Sheila
Related cleaning hacks
- Expert toilet cleaning tips
- Say Goodbye to Limescale: Easy Ways to Remove Limescale from Your Toilet
- Tip for removing scorch marks from linen or cotton fabric
- How to clean a rubber bath mat
- Removing hard water stains from toilet
- All natural toilet cleaner
- How to unclog a toilet without calling a plumber
- How to get rid of boy bathroom smell
Follow my cleaning tips board on Pinterest.